HERo Women-only Strength & Conditioning Group
HERo is a group training program dedicated specifically to meet the exercise needs of active women & female athletes.
It is aimed at helping you, & other strong women like you, to become the strongest, fastest, fittest, & most resilient version of yourself – & we also make sure you have fun along the way!
You will fit right in to the HERo group if;
- you are already active & would like to build more fitness, strength, speed & endurance
- you want your exercise program to help you become more resistant to injury
- you’re an ATHLETE looking to lift your game performance to exciting new heights
Strong women LIFT… each other up
What you can expect
- world class performance training that gets results
- a challenging & supportive environment that inspires teamwork & giving your personal best
- professional exercise guidance & program design by an outstanding Physiotherapist, Strength & Conditioning Coach, & Athlete – Sophie Boyle
- a private, welcoming & fully-equipped facility
Why did the HERo women’s group training program begin?
More & more women are turning toward the gym in recent times, seeing the benefits of exercise to get stronger & fitter for their sport & everyday activities. Unfortunately, there are still many women who just don’t know where to begin, or who find the gym weight room environment an unappealing or intimidating place to be. They often find just getting started is the most difficult obstacle, & without the right trainer & environment their initial enthusiasm soon drops off. So, we took up the challenge to do something about this, & the HERo women-only group exercise program was born.
How does the HERo program work?
This is not your typical “HIIT” class or “sweat group”. This is a 12-week plan that links your goals & long-term purpose to your exercise. It is designed to improve performance in key areas so that you will be stronger & better prepared for your sport & everyday life.
All participants are first thoroughly assessed & tested by Sophie to determine what your current strengths are, & what we can work on to make you even better. Key findings are reviewed throughout your program so that we are sure you are progressing. There is no guess work & no “one-size-fits-all” approach. These are carefully planned programs filled with lifting, running, sprinting, throwing, crawling, jumping, carrying… & laughing. Lots & lots of laughing.
How is the training program structured?
You will train with the group twice per week, & each program runs for 12 weeks. Throughout the program you will cover all the fundamentals of performance training including;
- flexibility, mobility & dynamic warmup
- jumping, landing & change of direction technique (vital for ACL protection)
- speed & power training
- functional strength training
- fitness & conditioning
- recovery & injury reduction strategies
Session Timetables & Program Cost
Sessions times are regularly being added so call us on 9280 2322 for the latest timetable
- each exercise session goes for one hour
- before-work, lunchtime & after-work sessions will be available
- there are NO lock-in memberships
- cost is $50 per week, entitling you to attend up to two classes per week
- training with friends is GREAT so if your friends or team would like to start a group of your own, let us know!
Contact Us To Sign Up To HERo or For More Information
Three key benefits of being a member of the HERo group
1. Sustainable Results
We use a thorough assessment process, professional exercise program design, & excellent personal coaching to address the specific needs of the female athlete. We ensure that your training is aimed at making purposeful & sustainable progress which includes not only achieving improvements in individual performance goals, but staying healthy & injury free along the way.
Your environment matters! Research has consistently shown that group training offers positive results far beyond what can be achieved when exercising solo. Training in a private state-of-the-art facility, a friendly space with a welcoming & supporting atmosphere, & alongside other ladies just like you who want to get better is immensely uplifting & rewarding. Your expert coaches are part of this team too. We’re a community, everyone is welcome, & everyone wants to see you do well!
Confidence that you are training in line with your abilities, & your goals, with people who care about you. Training makes YOU more capable. Whether it’s getting stronger, faster, fitter, or more durable there is a unique confidence that comes with knowing you can handle more difficult challenges.
Training → Capability → Confidence
Female Vs Male Training Differences
Whilst the overall principles of exercise training are consistent between men & women, there are some differences that need considering. Did you know that;
- women are up to 9 TIMES greater risk of an ACL injury! (This usually requires ACL knee reconstruction surgery to fix)
- contrary to popular belief, ‘getting bulky’ is extremely difficult for women to achieve due to lower testosterone levels
- having typically wider hips (Q angle), greater quadriceps dominance, more lax ligaments, & lower strength levels (due to less muscle), women unfortunately are at a significantly increased risk of knee pain & injury
- women have approximately 1/2 upper body mass & strength, & 3/4 the lower body mass & strength as males do
- women have similar RELATIVE strength than men, & are just as capable of getting strong!
- women typically sustain LESS muscle damage than men, have better recovery & stamina than men, and are typically better suited to more training volume
- women are better suited to sub-maximal aerobic activity over HIIT
Call us on 9280 2322 or email us for the latest timetable or for more info.