Improving health, Building performance, Changing lives
Welcome to Central Physio and Performance Fitness, a premier health and physical performance centre located in the heart of Surry Hills near Central Station.
Injury Management and RehabCentral Performance provides one of the leading exercise physiology services in Sydney. Our accredited exercise physiologists are a vital link between our rehab and fitness/sports performance programs. They restore your body’s ideal movement patterns so that you can recover from injury and increase physical performance.
They help you build a solid foundation for a safe return to normal daily activities as well as higher-intensity exercise and sports.
Can an Exercise Physiologist help me?
- Have you suffered from an injury and need to rebuild your strength and mobility?
- Do you want to prevent or manage recurrent or chronic problems?
- Are you feeling apprehensive about returning to sport after an injury?
- Maybe you have postural issues?
- Perhaps you are recovering from surgery?
- Do you need an exercise program to help prevent or manage diabetes, cardiovascular (heart and lung) disease, or to lose weight?
Exercise Physiology will help you to
- Assess, analyse and understand movement problems that have contributed to your current injury and increase your risk of future pain or problems
- fully restore your strength, mobility and stability using a personalised exercise program
- prevent and manage chronic injury or disease by identifying the background causative factors that are contributing to them
- correct posture problems by assessing and correcting patterns of muscle imbalance and ergonomics
- recover from surgery with a structured personalised exercise program
What is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist?An Accredited Exercise Physiologist is a clinical exercise specialist. They are university degree qualified health professionals who are experts in using exercise to treat musculoskeletal and other health conditions. Research clearly proves that supervised structured exercise plays an essential role in the management of many conditions including;
- Spinal (back and neck) pain
- Sports injuries, sprains and strains
- Shoulder, hip and knee pain
- Other conditions including diabetes, weight management and cardiovascular disease
Your First Exercise Physiology session – the Biomechanical AssessmentIn your initial consultation your exercise physiologist will talk with you to understand your current health and establish goals for your rehab. They will identify the underlying cause of your condition using cutting-edge video analysis and movement screens like the Functional Movement Systems (FMS/SFMA) to highlight movement imbalances and clarify your priorities for correction. They will help you understand how these imbalances are impacting your movement and contributing to your problems, then design a personalised exercise program to correct them.
Your Exercise Physiology Program
For your convenience we offer a flexible range of exercise physiology programs;
- individual one-on-one sessions
- semi-private and small group exercise classes
- functional core stability and strength classes
- dynamic fitness and sports performance classes
- kettlebell training programs (Certified StrongFirst Kettlebell Coach)