Injury Management & Rehab – Physio
Our team of experienced physio’s are experts in the treatment of:
- back & neck pain
- sports injuries
- postural problems
- running injuries
- shoulder, knee & hip pain
- post-op rehab including shoulder, knee, hip & spinal surgery
Many of our physio’s have extensive post-graduate experience & advanced training in specific areas including back & neck pain, headaches, running injuries, shoulder management (including athletes as well as posture-related), pelvic problems & core strengthening. You always receive the most effective treatment because this depth of skills & experience combines years of learning with the latest research.
At Central Performance we focus on fully diagnosing & treating the cause of your problems, not just treating your symptoms. We want you to walk away from your initial consultation with a full understanding of your injury, the predisposing factors, treatment methods & ongoing management plan. The first priorities in achieving this are:
- a thorough assessment
- an accurate diagnosis
- fast pain relief
Our physiotherapists use hands-on treatment extensively as well as targeted exercise, education & practical advice to help you take control of your injury & progress as fast as possible. Treatments that we commonly use include:
- joint mobilisation & manipulation
- soft-tissue massage & myofascial release
- muscle energy techniques
- personalised exercise for mobility, stability & strength
- Clinical Pilates
- dry needling
- ergonomic & postural correction
- orthotic prescription
We also work closely with some of the best specialist centres & imaging practices in Sydney. So if we feel that you need further investigation (eg x-rays, MRI or CT) or specialist referral (eg to a sports physician or orthopaedic surgeon) we are able to organise this for you as quickly & conveniently as possible.
Once your pain is settling we identify & correct background causative factors that have contributed to your current injury & increase your risk of future problems. This step marks your progression from the Relieve phase to the Restore phase of our client care pathway.
You do not need a doctor’s referral to see our physiotherapists
No doctor’s referral is required for any of our private services at Central Performance. However, if you have already seen your doctor & have a written referral, or if you already have any x-rays or other scan results, please bring these along to your first appointment.
On-the-spot health fund rebates
All of our therapists are fully accredited with all health funds, & for your convenience we provide on-the-spot health fund claims through the HICAPS system. If you are in a private health fund please bring your card along with you.
The only time you will need a referral from your doctor is if you are being treated through Workers’ Compensation, Enhanced Primary Care, Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) or Compulsory Third Party Insurance after a car accident. In these instances please bring your GP referral as well as the insurance details or your DVA card.
At your first appointment your physiotherapist will:
- take a full history of the details of your presenting problems, as well as gathering information on any past injuries
- perform a thorough assessment to determine your diagnosis
- explain your injury using models & pictures to ensure you have a thorough understanding of the injury
- establish your goals to ensure we are focusing on what really matters to you
- start your treatment using a mix of hands-on techniques & specific exercise
- provide advice as to what you should & shouldn’t do, as well as giving you strategies to use at home to manage your injury
- if you need an x-ray, scan or a specialist review, your physio will arrange for this & discuss this with you in detail